Sunday, June 16, 2013

Giraffes

   I just realized the title of this post is a tease...because no, I have not seen any giraffes yet! Sorry! But yes, that day will come, and I will definitely share the pictures! 

    I am feverishly working to update blog posts, pictures and videos on my computer, here in my hut, for all of you. I have so much to tell....and will get it all out when I can get my computer around some sweet internetness....

   But until then...

   If you want to get an idea of the place I am living in, the people, the village, the language, and many of the thoughts that are running through my (sometimes crazy, sometimes confused, but always happy) mind....then I highly recommend reading the book "Giraffes Tell Secrets".  The girl who wrote it was a Peace Corps Volunteer, here in Namibia. And to top it off, she was living in the general area that I am - "Owamboland" (pronounced Ovamboland), AND in a village where she had to learn to speak Oshikwanyama!

   She was an education volunteer, but you will still get a very good description of the village life, here in the north...

   Hope you are all well and I can't wait to share my stories! 

   For those who have already heard a little about our pig, well, the saga is over, and you won't believe the ending! My next post is going to explain it all....

Enjoy your weekend!

~Johanna

   p.s. Find something that will make you laugh everyday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment