Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Johannesburg!!

in the Johannesburg airport

Just wanted to give you a quick update....

I made it through 32 hours of no sleep, a 15 hour flight, and am now sitting in the Johannesburg airport...waiting to get on our last leg of plane rides....to Namibia! 

As soon as I have more internet time, I will update with the details, pictures, etc....

So far, everything is going wonderful!!! The other volunteers are fabulous! There are 19 of us, total. 
Our training in Philly was great! It was mainly very general - safety & security, culture and the Peace Corps' missions and goals. This definitely made me realize exactly what I'm about to do....

But, as promised, I will give many more details of this training, the other volunteers, our travel, and Namibia info - once I arrive at our training center in Okahandja!!!

Till then....

Peace & Love,
Johanna




You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

3 comments:

  1. Safe travels Johanna. Glad you made it most of the way there. I bet your exhausted!! Take Care. Linda and Joe B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda and Joe! I got there on about my 6th wind! lol Things are wonderful...challenging...but great. I'm just trying to find the time to put in to writing my next post....because there is sooooooo much to say, and we've been super busy with training.....
      Hope all is well with you!

      Delete