Saturday, April 20, 2013

No shoes, no fear!

About a week after we got to training, one of the current PCV's here in Okahandja, Neil, 
took us on a hike....to Pride Rock (where the Lion King was filmed! Ok, just kidding...but I'd like to think the cast is somewhere out here in Namibia, around the Pride Rock). 

We had to walk through a family's homestead, in order to climb....
And so the kids joined us, and lead us up to the top! 
This is their "playground" everyday!
They were sweet, happy, energetic kids - who LOVED getting their pictures taken 
AND borrowing our cameras to test out their own photography skills.

It was a beautiful day, I forgot to use sunscreen, and ended up with a nice burn,
but it was totally worth the climb. I'm hoping to go back before I leave Okahandja, and training. 
Apparently, there are baboons around there, among the trees and rocks....so I'm hoping to get some good shots of these Namibian animals....

Enjoy the pictures!
(If the slideshow isn't working, you can go to this site: 
Pride Rock Hike )

(p.s. I have updated my contact info, with my address of my permanent site, along with some other info. You can find it on the Contact tab of this blog.)



You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

No comments:

Post a Comment