Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wanna help?

I'm sitting here in the computer lab at the school, here in the village, trying to update things....and keep my life on track lol. I've been taking lots and lots of pictures and videos, and even interviews, to help promote a project...and as soon as I have it put together, I'll be posting it here....(hopefully in the next 3 weeks!). This project is something that YOU can actually help with, if you so desire....along with an opportunity to come HERE to my VILLAGE and see ME and help my Namibian Community NEXT SUMMER (northern hemisphere-summer)! Ah...but more on that later....

But that got me thinking....

So many of you have asked how you can help over here....And well, sometimes, to be honest, it's hard to find something you could do or donate to. I am a believer that we shouldn't just GIVE people things - they have to work for it (again, thank you "Dead Aid"). And plus, what would a new pair of shoes, for instance, do for a child, but then make others jealous, or the child grows out of it, etc. I want to help in ways that are, at least, aiming to be sustainable. Just my opinion. BUT, after saying that, I realized that there are ways that you, overseas, can help...besides sending M&Ms, Mac&Cheese, Taco/Guacamole seasoning, Time Magazine, pictures and letters from you and Amazon Gift Cards to buy more books for my Kindle....although, these DEFINITELY help my mental and emotional state, so please, feel free to keep sending!....there really ARE some ways you can help Peace Corps, myself, and other volunteers.  So, I've added a new tab to this blog, called "Wanna Help?" As projects begin, or come my way, or I find about other PCVs' projects, I will post them here, on this tab, if you are looking for ways to help make a difference.....


So, if you're interested, please click on the tab

No comments:

Post a Comment