Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Nam Holiday!

I know I have so much to update you all on...and hopefully that will happen soon :)

But for now, here is a picture of just one of the things I did while on a week-long, much-needed vacation around Namibia! We went to Luderitz, Sossusvlei (the dunes, where these pictures were taken), a little winery called Neuras, and then finally Swakopmund (we went sandboarding! It was incredible fun!). 



I have lots and lots of pictures, and am hoping to have them sorted out this week, as I get back to reality and onto my second year of service. I'm feeling very hopeful for this year and can't wait to share all I've been up to....



Hope you are all well!

Peace & Love
Johanna

4 comments:

  1. That looks like fun, Johanna! Gld you got some chillaxin' in! Was it hot out on the sand dunes?

    Lise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually wasn't hot - though we were out there at 6am. I'm sure by noon, the sand would be very hot! And yes, it was a fun, exciting, and still relaxing time! Hope you are well!

      Delete
  2. I was just reading your note to teachers, Are you funded to visit other schools in Namibia? I am in Oranjemund.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I wish I could get to other schools, but no, I'm only here in my village. But we do have volunteers all over Namibia - so maybe there will be one there one of these days? How long have you been in Oranjemund?

      Delete